Please Note: APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Is your business working on an innovative solution in the “Green Economy”? Are you trying to raise capital to scale your business? If yes, consider joining the 2015 Green Pioneer Acceleration Program.
We are looking for entrepreneur working on innovative products in rapidly expanding environmental sectors such as sustainable agriculture, (including apiculture and aquaculture), ecotourism, sustainable forestry, non-timber forest products, and renewable energy. An equal emphasis is given to opportunities in food waste, ecological housing, recycling or other green innovations. Applicants should benefit local communities who are an integral part of protecting the earth’s natural capital. This program is a joint initiative of Hivos, VC4Africa, Impact Amplifier and Growth Africa
The core subjects that will be covered include:
- Business modelling and strategic planning;
- Products, services and market access development;
- Theory of change and social and/or environmental impact;
- Connecting with partners in the business ecosystem, including multinational companies, NGOs and governments;
- Financial modelling and valuations;
- Pitching to investors; and
- Investment case writing and pitching to investors
Structure and Delivery
The Accelerator will be structured in eight modules, one every two weeks over a four- month period, held in both the Nairobi and Cape Town locations. Each module will include a combination of lectures, individual coaching, group discussions and presentations. In between each module there will be a range of assignments required to progress the core tasks being reviewed. Every entrepreneur will be supported by coaches and mentors who can assist them in completing the modules of the program.
The structure has been designed to combine expert, peer-to-peer learning, and pragmatic assignments that provide the basis for developing an investment case for support pitched to potential investors.
The expected outcomes of the Accelerator are to:
- Increase the likelihood of securing growth capital for entrepreneurs in the environmental goods and services sector;
- Strengthen the pipeline of investable entrepreneurs in this sector for local and international Impact Investors; and
- Strengthen the broader network/ecosystem of environmental and socially inclusive businesses in Africa.